Welcome to The Derby County Collection
The Derby County Collection is a registered charitable trust led entirely by volunteers. We were established in 2012 by private memorabilia collectors with the objective of making sure the physical heritage of Derby County is available for future generations of supporters. The collection details over a hundred and thirty five years of the club’s history, including items donated by both private collectors and the public as well as items belonging to the club itself.
Our goals include:
- Strengthening the relationship between the football club and the city’s communities through inclusive presentation of our significant collection
- To improve understanding of the club’s prolific history through presentations and educational workshops
- To encourage further research into the club by fans and local people through the use of our developing research library
- To establish a easy to use heritage website with access to scanned documents and images of the items
- To continue and strengthen our established relationship with Derby County Community Trust as part of an on-going three year plan
In order to achieve our goals, we are always in need of help from the public or specific individuals with skills in the heritage sector to advise on monetisation and funding opportunities.
Items for loan, heritage talks and football tours of the city can be arranged at a cost, as can family research for people searching for information about their relatives past footballing career.
Whether you can loan objects, sponsor us, volunteer at one of our events or just spread the word, your assistance will allow us to continue our great work in the local community.